Recent comments

• 1 day 16 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Pony glass from the Yallourn Hotel 1948

My parents John and Lorna Wolff lived for a year at the Yallourn Hotel in 1948 while waiting for a house. My father brought a drink outside to my mother as ladies did not go into the bar. They kept the glass which I now have.

• 1 day 17 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn Swimming Club carnival 1965

If anyone recognises the people in the photo please identify them.
    The awards were given after the club carnival. This one was a pyrex coffee cup which I loved.

• 1 day 17 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn Primary School Grade 6A and 5A 1962

The teacher for the combined grade 5 and 6 was Mr. Myers who was a remarkable teacher and well loved.

• 1 day 18 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn High School 1965 Rupert Harrison - teacher

He was an excellent teacher. I enjoyed his classes at Yallourn immensely. Later when I was a student teacher he was my supervisor at Beaumaris.

• 2 days 20 hours ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Nice to hear from you as well Diane. I have loved the photos you posted, particularly the YHS girls swimming team (1964) most of the girls were or had been part of the Swimming Club, so I was able to identify most of them (you included), although there were 3 I couldn't name. That era in Yallourn and within the Swimming Club were such great times.

• 2 days 22 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Great to hear from you Kevin. I remember your dad too. He was great with his involvement at the swimming club.

• 1 week 3 days ago
    doublecat
    Claire Bond

Just met Claire for the first time at Port Arthur in Tasmania. Old Yallournites happening to bump into each other. It was great.

11 September 2018

Leanne Johnstone

• 3 weeks 2 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Dianne I can remember you travelling Coach Road past our house on the way to and from School. I can also remember you from the swimming Club. Your father and my father worked together at the SEC in Yallourn before your family moved away

• 6 weeks 3 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

I remember that. It was an amazing event to see snow. Although winter usually brought frost which coated the tops of fences in Allambee Crescent, snow was unusual. Winters were cold and I remember my hands freezing on my bike handlebars as I rode to swimming training early in the morning which must have only been in Autumn!

• 6 weeks 3 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Caravan holidays were a great event. My Dad built our caravan which was often parked in Allambee Crescent and we had many trips in it. Your holiday seems to have continued that tradition.

• 6 weeks 3 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Wolff

Yes that is correct. She always used her 2nd name Lorna rather than what is on her birth certificate (Edith). My parents were married in 1947 and lived at the Yallourn Hotel while the house at 3 Allambee Crescent was being built. I was born in 1951 and my sister Louise, in 1957. We lived there until January 1966 when Dad (John Wolff) transferred to the SEC in Geelong.

• 6 weeks 4 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Edith (Lorna) Wolff

My mother was known as Lorna Wolff.

• 10 weeks 4 days ago
    Ken Tate
    34 Parkway - Tate Family

Gary Tate, Cheryl Borrill (Cousin) and Hazel Anderson (friend) aprox 1975

• 12 weeks 6 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Stanger

Update for full names;
    Thomas Carlisle Stanger
    Irene Alice Jane Stanger (nee Mitchell)
    Raymond Thomas Stanger
    Lauris Irene Stanger
    Ian James Stanger

• 12 weeks 6 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Yallourn Football Club YFC 1930 Premiers

Yallourn Football Club - 1931 Premiers (Grand Final played at Trafalgar)
    (left to right)
    Peter ‘Cocky’ O’Neill (Captain); Jim Milne; Ted Hassett; Dan Hutton; S ‘Skipper’ Scott; Keith Shepherd; P ‘Plugger’ Culph; H’ Mossie’ Crawford; J Brookes; Percy Palmer; R Smith; Jack Piggott; Stan Comber; Ernie Davies; Hugh Graham; A ‘Skinny’ Pratt; P ‘Tiger’ Page; Les White; Harry Caddy (names provided by Irene Stanger and confirmed by Gus Eaton)

• 15 weeks 16 hours ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    FROM THE NEWSPAPERS - 1934 - Yallourn Auxiliary Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB) - Election of Office Bearers

My Grandmother Daisy Ebsworth was Member /

• 16 weeks 3 days ago
    Julie George
    PWMU Yallourn Branch Favourite Recipes 1971

PWMU Yallourn Branch - 1971 - Favourites
    To read the luscious favourite recipes, click the link above the front cover, then on the pdf document and scroll down.

• 20 weeks 4 days ago
    John McKenna
    St Therese's 1949

6th from the left in the back row is Roger McKenna who moved to St Keirans in Moe that year.

• 20 weeks 4 days ago
    John McKenna
    Monty McKenna (Stationmaster) & Staff at Yallourn Railway Station - approx mid 40s

A bit later I feel. The N class loco's were introduced in 1926. This is a photo of my grandfather Monty McKenna and staff at the Yallourn Station approx mid 40's. Monty was assigned to Yallourn from approx 1942 until he retired in 1950. I don't know all of the persons pictured but here are some:
    Top row L-R E G (Ted) Clarke, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown.
    Bottom Row L-R Chris Sparkes, Wilf Peters, Jack Collins, Tom Kennedy, Monty McKenna, Cliff Montague

I have another photo containing most of these personnel which I will post.

• 21 weeks 2 days ago
    David Ferguson
    Tassie Trip 1964

And maybe Chris Evans between me and the teacher.
    Photo taken at Tarraleah?

• 21 weeks 3 days ago
    David Ferguson
    Tassie Trip 1964

That's me next to Geoff Barnes. Teacher waving at the back.

• 22 weeks 6 days ago
    oldfart
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

5th from left definitely Roy Latta.

• 23 weeks 1 day ago
    Janina Gorbal
    Yallourn Tech School YTS - 1962 - Form 3CD

2nd row
    Rick Boskma 3rd from right :)

• 27 weeks 5 days ago
    colin nash
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

4th from left, front row, with a hat is Tom Holt

• 27 weeks 5 days ago
    colin nash
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

I think that is Tom Holt, with the hat on front row, 4th from the left, I think he had something to do with Moe races.

Nashy-Noble Park