Recent comments

Gary Tate, Cheryl Borrill (Cousin) and Hazel Anderson (friend) aprox 1975

• 3 weeks 3 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Stanger

Update for full names;
    Thomas Carlisle Stanger
    Irene Alice Jane Stanger (nee Mitchell)
    Raymond Thomas Stanger
    Lauris Irene Stanger
    Ian James Stanger

• 3 weeks 3 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Yallourn Football Club YFC 1930 Premiers

Yallourn Football Club - 1931 Premiers (Grand Final played at Trafalgar)
    (left to right)
    Peter ‘Cocky’ O’Neill (Captain); Jim Milne; Ted Hassett; Dan Hutton; S ‘Skipper’ Scott; Keith Shepherd; P ‘Plugger’ Culph; H’ Mossie’ Crawford; J Brookes; Percy Palmer; R Smith; Jack Piggott; Stan Comber; Ernie Davies; Hugh Graham; A ‘Skinny’ Pratt; P ‘Tiger’ Page; Les White; Harry Caddy (names provided by Irene Stanger and confirmed by Gus Eaton)

• 5 weeks 4 days ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    FROM THE NEWSPAPERS - 1934 - Yallourn Auxiliary Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB) - Election of Office Bearers

My Grandmother Daisy Ebsworth was Member /

• 7 weeks 4 hours ago
    Julie George
    PWMU Yallourn Branch Favourite Recipes 1971

PWMU Yallourn Branch - 1971 - Favourites
    To read the luscious favourite recipes, click the link above the front cover, then on the pdf document and scroll down.

• 11 weeks 1 day ago
    John McKenna
    St Therese's 1949

6th from the left in the back row is Roger McKenna who moved to St Keirans in Moe that year.

• 11 weeks 1 day ago
    John McKenna
    Monty McKenna (Stationmaster) & Staff at Yallourn Railway Station - approx mid 40s

A bit later I feel. The N class loco's were introduced in 1926. This is a photo of my grandfather Monty McKenna and staff at the Yallourn Station approx mid 40's. Monty was assigned to Yallourn from approx 1942 until he retired in 1950. I don't know all of the persons pictured but here are some:
    Top row L-R E G (Ted) Clarke, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown.
    Bottom Row L-R Chris Sparkes, Wilf Peters, Jack Collins, Tom Kennedy, Monty McKenna, Cliff Montague

I have another photo containing most of these personnel which I will post.

• 11 weeks 6 days ago
    David Ferguson
    Tassie Trip 1964

And maybe Chris Evans between me and the teacher.
    Photo taken at Tarraleah?

• 11 weeks 6 days ago
    David Ferguson
    Tassie Trip 1964

That's me next to Geoff Barnes. Teacher waving at the back.

• 13 weeks 2 days ago
    oldfart
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

5th from left definitely Roy Latta.

• 13 weeks 4 days ago
    Janina Gorbal
    Yallourn Tech School YTS - 1962 - Form 3CD

2nd row
    Rick Boskma 3rd from right :)

• 18 weeks 2 days ago
    colin nash
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

4th from left, front row, with a hat is Tom Holt

• 18 weeks 2 days ago
    colin nash
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

I think that is Tom Holt, with the hat on front row, 4th from the left, I think he had something to do with Moe races.

Nashy-Noble Park

• 18 weeks 5 days ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    Reunion 2018 - Steve George - New Life Member of Yallourn Association

Well done Steve

• 19 weeks 6 hours ago
    helen fischer -...
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

2nd from left is not Bill Purvis - is Roy Latta who used to work at Purvis Hardware Yallourn store then when I worked at Purvis in Moe he worked in the Hardware there. Had a lot to do with the Moe Racing Club

• 20 weeks 6 days ago
    Julie George
    Playground and Little Shop near Kindergarten - 1979

Uplands Road corner

• 21 weeks 2 days ago
    oldfart
    Yallourn Reunion - 3 March 2012 - Group 1956

3rd from right sitting, Marilyn Kennedy

• 21 weeks 3 days ago
    oldfart
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

I think second from right is Bill Purvis from Moe.

• 27 weeks 2 days ago
    Paul Reader
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Next to my sister (step-sister) Jane - I was in Melbourne at boarding school by then. I think Jane should have been 1st year High School by then.

• 39 weeks 4 days ago
    Peter Hill
    Wolff

I thought that Mrs. Wolff was Lorna Wolff and their children Diane and Louise.

• 41 weeks 3 days ago
    Peter Hill
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Farewell to Peter and Helen Hill

• 41 weeks 6 days ago
    Peter Hill
    1 Allambee Crescent

Great to see our old house relocated. The house was one of the last homes built in Yallourn and was a good sized three bedroom house. I remember their was a wood fired copper laundry trough in the back shed early on before an electric washing machine with rollers arrived in the house laundry.
    I nearly burnt the house down while playing with matches in the laundry where we kept the old newspapers, I got a firm belting for that. The SEC painters came every 7 years and painted the house in and out. We had the first SEC electric heat bank heater setup in the lounge for testing, on moving I then set it up in my house in Traralgon.

• 46 weeks 23 hours ago
    helen fischer -...
    Yallourn Primary School YPS Grade 4A - 1964

Florella Dorey and Diane Prust

• 46 weeks 1 day ago
    Wendy Bodey
    Yallourn Primary School YPS Grade 3B 1963

2nd Front is Wendy Bodey (rather than Christine)

• 47 weeks 1 day ago
    Julie George
    Yallourn High School YHS - 1960 - Form 1C

Can you explain where Gerry Mallee is when the back top two rows are merged?? Why didn't they just have straight lines - would be so much easier haha.