Recent comments

• 3 weeks 23 hours ago
    colin nash
    Reunion 2019

Ruth Coster

• 9 weeks 23 hours ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    Last Shops in 1984 - Cnr Centreway & Garden St - Purvis, Butcher & Bakery - Demolition

Yes would say it is Purvis and the Butchers shop , only .

• 9 weeks 1 day ago
    JJ Goold
    Gate Across Railway Ave + Garden St - 1985

Can't work this one out. The Corner of Garden/Railway was Fosters Garage next to the pub. Those trees are not remembered.

• 9 weeks 1 day ago
    JJ Goold

Doubtful, Purvis and the Butcher were at the Green St End of the shopping centre.

• 9 weeks 4 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Coaching Kids on how to Play Tennis - 1960's

Great photo Peter. I enjoyed my tennis coaching with your dad very much and have great memories of him.

• 13 weeks 3 days ago
    Peter Hill
    Coaching Kids on how to Play Tennis - 1960's

Jim Hill coached Boys and Girls every Monday night over many years.

• 14 weeks 5 hours ago
    Berny McLaughlin
    Holy Communion - Father Walsh

This photo was taken on 9th October 1960, at the side of St Therese's Church. I am third from the left, standing. Bernadette McLaughlin.

• 14 weeks 1 day ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    Andrew Spaull 1943-2019 RIP

So sad went to Yallourn Primary School with Andrew , thoughts with his family .another great Yallourn man . Y

• 17 weeks 4 days ago
    Keith Boyle
    21 Narracan Avenue - Boyle Family

Not 100% sure of the year. May be late 1958 or early1959.

• 19 weeks 1 day ago
    Julie George
    11 Boola Crescent

3 bedroom weatherboard with front verandah

• 29 weeks 22 hours ago
    Jane McPherson
    1957 - Yallourn High School YHS Softball Team

All the names are under the photo in the 1957 "Pylon" on page 28. This was before YHS had the sport exchange with Nunawading HS. The names supplied in this posting are not necessarily correct.

• 31 weeks 6 days ago
    David Grant
    1957 - Yallourn High School YHS Softball Team

Back row extreme left is Gail Fairclough Front row extreme left is Ann Vincent Sixth from left is Judy Wallace. I can't remember the names of the rest that are unidentified

• 32 weeks 1 day ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn High School Music Theatre

I have the record and have recently played it! Even though I was only in Form 1 in 1963 and not in the choir I loved it. I did (very nervously) play the piano accompaniment at Speech Night in Kernot Hall for the choir's song Whistle a Happy Tune.

• 32 weeks 3 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1963 Form 1B

Dale Hawken is the girl in the middle of the centre row

• 33 weeks 2 days ago
    Pauline Cerdor
    Annie Fogarty

Annie Fogarty's husband was Timothy Patrick Fogarty

• 33 weeks 5 days ago
    stef0001
    Yallourn High School Music Theatre

This came out of the Music Theatre production produced by Val Pyers. The actual recording of the disc was done over in Morwell on a very cold night. There are pictures elsewhere - somewhere in the many photos of YHS of that time, of those of us who were there. It was a long, mammoth task to get all the songs done that we had presented at Music Theatre itself. Unfortunately, one or two of the numbers were not up to the standard that Val required and they were left off. I wonder how many of the group still has the disc?..........I do and it is a thick bit of record.................Now that the old vinyls are coming back into their own maybe there will still be some gear to actually play the discs? Otherwise I guess the items can be digitalised.

• 34 weeks 23 hours ago
    Julie George
    1963 Form 1B

Please add names if you can identify the girls. I was in this class for 6 months and then in form 1a for the rest of the year....Diane Wolff

• 34 weeks 3 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

I think the Smith girls names were Judith and Janice. The Vines children were Peter and John (twins), Mary, Therese, Carmel and Greg. I think the two Vines girls in the photo would be Therese and Carmel.

• 34 weeks 5 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

The girl immediately over Diane's right shoulder is one of the Smith girls (I think they were twins also). Her sister is the girl in the extreme right of the picture. You can only see her face. I think their names may have been Janice and Janet

• 34 weeks 5 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

The girl looking over Jack Vines' arm is another one of his daughters. The face behind her is Susie McIntyre's younger sister ( I am pretty sure)

• 34 weeks 5 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

The man presenting the award is Jack Vines. He was the Club President at the time. The girl at the bottom left of the photo is his daughter ( I will think of her name eventually). In the background (about mid picture) is Jack's son (either Peter or John -they were twins. I will keep staring at the picture and hopefully names will come .

• 35 weeks 22 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Pony Glass from the Yallourn Hotel 1948

My parents John and Lorna Wolff lived for a year at the Yallourn Hotel in 1948 while waiting for a house. My father brought a drink outside to my mother as ladies did not go into the bar. They kept the glass which I now have.

• 35 weeks 22 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

If anyone recognises the people in the photo please identify them.
    The awards were given after the club carnival. This one was a pyrex coffee cup which I loved.

• 35 weeks 23 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn High School 1965 Rupert Harrison - teacher

He was an excellent teacher. I enjoyed his classes at Yallourn immensely. Later when I was a student teacher he was my supervisor at Beaumaris.