Recent comments

• 5 days 19 hours ago
    David Ferguson
    Hail storm for Yallourn in 1966

Christmas Day 1966 visiting friends in Tanjil Cres when the clouds looked very ominous. I sought the best view of the wet from the junction of Tanjil Cres. and Tanjil place and was enthralled by the cloud dynamics and the frontal roll cloud with nothing but dark matt grey behind. Suddenly there was a clunk behind me and as I turned another to the side. When I saw the size of the hailstone I made a dash for the verandah passing Murray Phillips in his hard had racing to garage his FX Holden. When the spectacle was over I selected the largest I could readily find which measured 4 1/2 inches across its widest diameter, not being completely spherical.
    The next day revealed many patches to the fibro cement roofs and pockmarked cars.

• 2 weeks 6 days ago
    roblowe48
    YHS Choir Record Cover - back

Choir record cover - back

• 2 weeks 6 days ago
    roblowe48
    YHS Choir Record Cover - back

Choir record cover - back

• 3 weeks 3 days ago
    roblowe48
    YHS Choir from the Record Cover - 1963

This is a zoomed in version of the photo of the choir from the Music Theatre record in 1963.

• 3 weeks 3 days ago
    roblowe48
    YHS Choir from the Record Cover - 1963

This is a close up of the photo of the High School Choir in 1963, from the cover of the Music Theatre Record.

• 4 weeks 2 days ago
    Frank Johns
    Yallourn Orchestral Society

My cousin Ralph Jones (an engineer at Yallourn in the 50's - 60's) played second violin in the orchestra during his time at Yallourn.
    Ralph is the son of Fletcher Jones the clothing manufacturer.

• 12 weeks 17 hours ago
    Les
    Honor Crane

I recall Mrs Honor Crane was a teacher at the Primary school, I was never in her class but her personality I still remember well.

• 13 weeks 3 days ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    IMAGES OF YALLOURN - 1969 - A CLEVER INVENTION - Max Gray, Roy Norden, Mr Cleverly, Mr Hyde, Geoff Unwin

Hi In the photo bottom left side it looks like Bill Drummond ,who was a BlackSmith at The Municapul Depot ,centre of main Photo fellow with glass's is Johnny Walker . his name is also on the workshed in the back ground , he was a carpenter . Maybe Bill Drummond in main photo with the post remover tool ???

• 15 weeks 20 hours ago
    Jenny Thompson
    1 Reservoir Road

Doris King was my grandmother. My father was Malcolm King and we would visit during the school holidays. Doris used to manage the Yallourn Hospital kiosk. Does anyone have any further information?

• 19 weeks 2 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Gordon Brill

Gordon Brill was actually born in Frankston 1965 (not Yallourn) after our family moved to Cranbourne so can probably be removed from the Yallourn website (Kaye - Sept 2019)

• 20 weeks 19 hours ago
    Malcolm Gorman
    Form 6A

Back row (Hard to define so back two rows standing): Danny Burns, Ian Wallis (Teacher), Shirley Rendle, Roger Smith?, ? , Charlie Kotiw, (girl)?, Diane Boskma, ? , Gary Vogel, Ketty Kelava, John Pemberton, Neal Obersby, Peter Noble, Max Smaniotto, Malcolm Gorman, (girl) (teacher?)

Middle row: Graham Ure, John Gloz, Ann Castell, Choko Lyons, Philip Davies, ? , ?

Front Row (sitting): Greg Evans, Coral Pearson, Diane Gordon , Warren Pye, Susan Humphries, ? , Susan Wakefield, ? , Marilyn Waring, Sue Jensen, .... Richardson, Philip Robertson

• 25 weeks 4 days ago
    greeneb
    Barton

I remember the Bartons next door to the Greene family

• 25 weeks 4 days ago
    greeneb
    Greene

Mary Greene lived here until her death in 1965.

• 31 weeks 1 day ago
    Julie George
    Mackeown Family at play - 5 Heather Grove

Debbie, Frankie & Sean - 5 Heather Grove

• 33 weeks 5 days ago
    Julie George
    The Fewster Family

Look forward to the next story Lindsay...do you have any photos to add of the Fewster family? Julie

• 33 weeks 5 days ago

• 38 weeks 4 days ago
    colin nash
    Reunion 2019

Ruth Coster

• 44 weeks 4 days ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    Last Shops in 1984 - Cnr Centreway & Garden St - Purvis, Butcher & Bakery - Demolition

Yes would say it is Purvis and the Butchers shop , only .

• 44 weeks 5 days ago
    JJ Goold
    Gate Across Railway Ave + Garden St - 1985

Can't work this one out. The Corner of Garden/Railway was Fosters Garage next to the pub. Those trees are not remembered.

• 44 weeks 5 days ago
    JJ Goold

Doubtful, Purvis and the Butcher were at the Green St End of the shopping centre.

• 45 weeks 1 day ago
    Diane Wolff
    Coaching Kids on how to Play Tennis - 1960's

Great photo Peter. I enjoyed my tennis coaching with your dad very much and have great memories of him.

• 48 weeks 6 days ago
    Peter Hill
    Coaching Kids on how to Play Tennis - 1960's

Jim Hill coached Boys and Girls every Monday night over many years.

• 49 weeks 4 days ago
    Berny McLaughlin
    Holy Communion - Father Walsh

This photo was taken on 9th October 1960, at the side of St Therese's Church. I am third from the left, standing. Bernadette McLaughlin.