Recent comments

• 2 weeks 5 days ago
    Jane McPherson
    1957 - Yallourn High School YHS Softball Team

All the names are under the photo in the 1957 "Pylon" on page 28. This was before YHS had the sport exchange with Nunawading HS. The names supplied in this posting are not necessarily correct.

• 5 weeks 4 days ago
    David Grant
    1957 - Yallourn High School YHS Softball Team

Back row extreme left is Gail Fairclough Front row extreme left is Ann Vincent Sixth from left is Judy Wallace. I can't remember the names of the rest that are unidentified

• 5 weeks 5 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn High School Music Theatre

I have the record and have recently played it! Even though I was only in Form 1 in 1963 and not in the choir I loved it. I did (very nervously) play the piano accompaniment at Speech Night in Kernot Hall for the choir's song Whistle a Happy Tune.

• 6 weeks 1 day ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1963 Form 1B

Dale Hawken is the girl in the middle of the centre row

• 7 weeks 13 hours ago
    Pauline Cerdor
    Annie Fogarty

Annie Fogarty's husband was Timothy Patrick Fogarty

• 7 weeks 3 days ago
    stef0001
    Yallourn High School Music Theatre

This came out of the Music Theatre production produced by Val Pyers. The actual recording of the disc was done over in Morwell on a very cold night. There are pictures elsewhere - somewhere in the many photos of YHS of that time, of those of us who were there. It was a long, mammoth task to get all the songs done that we had presented at Music Theatre itself. Unfortunately, one or two of the numbers were not up to the standard that Val required and they were left off. I wonder how many of the group still has the disc?..........I do and it is a thick bit of record.................Now that the old vinyls are coming back into their own maybe there will still be some gear to actually play the discs? Otherwise I guess the items can be digitalised.

• 7 weeks 5 days ago
    Julie George
    1963 Form 1B

Please add names if you can identify the girls. I was in this class for 6 months and then in form 1a for the rest of the year....Diane Wolff

• 8 weeks 17 hours ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

I think the Smith girls names were Judith and Janice. The Vines children were Peter and John (twins), Mary, Therese, Carmel and Greg. I think the two Vines girls in the photo would be Therese and Carmel.

• 8 weeks 2 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

The girl immediately over Diane's right shoulder is one of the Smith girls (I think they were twins also). Her sister is the girl in the extreme right of the picture. You can only see her face. I think their names may have been Janice and Janet

• 8 weeks 2 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

The girl looking over Jack Vines' arm is another one of his daughters. The face behind her is Susie McIntyre's younger sister ( I am pretty sure)

• 8 weeks 2 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

The man presenting the award is Jack Vines. He was the Club President at the time. The girl at the bottom left of the photo is his daughter ( I will think of her name eventually). In the background (about mid picture) is Jack's son (either Peter or John -they were twins. I will keep staring at the picture and hopefully names will come .

• 8 weeks 5 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Pony Glass from the Yallourn Hotel 1948

My parents John and Lorna Wolff lived for a year at the Yallourn Hotel in 1948 while waiting for a house. My father brought a drink outside to my mother as ladies did not go into the bar. They kept the glass which I now have.

• 8 weeks 5 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn Swimming Club Carnival 1965

If anyone recognises the people in the photo please identify them.
    The awards were given after the club carnival. This one was a pyrex coffee cup which I loved.

• 8 weeks 5 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    Yallourn High School 1965 Rupert Harrison - teacher

He was an excellent teacher. I enjoyed his classes at Yallourn immensely. Later when I was a student teacher he was my supervisor at Beaumaris.

• 8 weeks 6 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Nice to hear from you as well Diane. I have loved the photos you posted, particularly the YHS girls swimming team (1964) most of the girls were or had been part of the Swimming Club, so I was able to identify most of them (you included), although there were 3 I couldn't name. That era in Yallourn and within the Swimming Club were such great times.

• 8 weeks 6 days ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Great to hear from you Kevin. I remember your dad too. He was great with his involvement at the swimming club.

• 10 weeks 12 hours ago
    doublecat
    Claire Bond

Just met Claire for the first time at Port Arthur in Tasmania. Old Yallournites happening to bump into each other. It was great.

11 September 2018

Leanne Johnstone

• 11 weeks 6 days ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Dianne I can remember you travelling Coach Road past our house on the way to and from School. I can also remember you from the swimming Club. Your father and my father worked together at the SEC in Yallourn before your family moved away

• 15 weeks 19 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

I remember that. It was an amazing event to see snow. Although winter usually brought frost which coated the tops of fences in Allambee Crescent, snow was unusual. Winters were cold and I remember my hands freezing on my bike handlebars as I rode to swimming training early in the morning which must have only been in Autumn!

• 15 weeks 19 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Caravan holidays were a great event. My Dad built our caravan which was often parked in Allambee Crescent and we had many trips in it. Your holiday seems to have continued that tradition.

• 15 weeks 19 hours ago
    Diane Wolff
    Wolff

Yes that is correct. She always used her 2nd name Lorna rather than what is on her birth certificate (Edith). My parents were married in 1947 and lived at the Yallourn Hotel while the house at 3 Allambee Crescent was being built. I was born in 1951 and my sister Louise, in 1957. We lived there until January 1966 when Dad (John Wolff) transferred to the SEC in Geelong.

• 15 weeks 1 day ago
    Diane Wolff
    Edith (Lorna) Wolff

My mother was known as Lorna Wolff.

• 19 weeks 1 day ago
    Ken Tate
    34 Parkway - Tate Family

Gary Tate, Cheryl Borrill (Cousin) and Hazel Anderson (friend) aprox 1975

• 21 weeks 3 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Stanger

Update for full names;
    Thomas Carlisle Stanger
    Irene Alice Jane Stanger (nee Mitchell)
    Raymond Thomas Stanger
    Lauris Irene Stanger
    Ian James Stanger

• 21 weeks 3 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Yallourn Football Club YFC 1930 Premiers

Yallourn Football Club - 1931 Premiers (Grand Final played at Trafalgar)
    (left to right)
    Peter ‘Cocky’ O’Neill (Captain); Jim Milne; Ted Hassett; Dan Hutton; S ‘Skipper’ Scott; Keith Shepherd; P ‘Plugger’ Culph; H’ Mossie’ Crawford; J Brookes; Percy Palmer; R Smith; Jack Piggott; Stan Comber; Ernie Davies; Hugh Graham; A ‘Skinny’ Pratt; P ‘Tiger’ Page; Les White; Harry Caddy (names provided by Irene Stanger and confirmed by Gus Eaton)