Recent comments

• 32 weeks 1 day ago
    Diane Wolff
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Caravan holidays were a great event. My Dad built our caravan which was often parked in Allambee Crescent and we had many trips in it. Your holiday seems to have continued that tradition.

• 32 weeks 1 day ago
    Diane Wolff
    Wolff

Yes that is correct. She always used her 2nd name Lorna rather than what is on her birth certificate (Edith). My parents were married in 1947 and lived at the Yallourn Hotel while the house at 3 Allambee Crescent was being built. I was born in 1951 and my sister Louise, in 1957. We lived there until January 1966 when Dad (John Wolff) transferred to the SEC in Geelong.

• 32 weeks 1 day ago
    Diane Wolff
    Edith (Lorna) Wolff

My mother was known as Lorna Wolff.

• 36 weeks 2 days ago
    Ken Tate
    34 Parkway - Tate Family

Gary Tate, Cheryl Borrill (Cousin) and Hazel Anderson (friend) aprox 1975

• 38 weeks 3 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Stanger

Update for full names;
    Thomas Carlisle Stanger
    Irene Alice Jane Stanger (nee Mitchell)
    Raymond Thomas Stanger
    Lauris Irene Stanger
    Ian James Stanger

• 38 weeks 3 days ago
    Kaye Brill
    Yallourn Football Club YFC 1930 Premiers

Yallourn Football Club - 1931 Premiers (Grand Final played at Trafalgar)
    (left to right)
    Peter ‘Cocky’ O’Neill (Captain); Jim Milne; Ted Hassett; Dan Hutton; S ‘Skipper’ Scott; Keith Shepherd; P ‘Plugger’ Culph; H’ Mossie’ Crawford; J Brookes; Percy Palmer; R Smith; Jack Piggott; Stan Comber; Ernie Davies; Hugh Graham; A ‘Skinny’ Pratt; P ‘Tiger’ Page; Les White; Harry Caddy (names provided by Irene Stanger and confirmed by Gus Eaton)

• 40 weeks 4 days ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    FROM THE NEWSPAPERS - 1934 - Yallourn Auxiliary Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB) - Election of Office Bearers

My Grandmother Daisy Ebsworth was Member /

• 42 weeks 21 hours ago
    Julie George
    PWMU Yallourn Branch Favourite Recipes 1971

PWMU Yallourn Branch - 1971 - Favourites
    To read the luscious favourite recipes, click the link above the front cover, then on the pdf document and scroll down.

• 46 weeks 1 day ago
    John McKenna
    St Therese's 1949

6th from the left in the back row is Roger McKenna who moved to St Keirans in Moe that year.

• 46 weeks 1 day ago
    John McKenna
    Monty McKenna (Stationmaster) & Staff at Yallourn Railway Station - approx mid 40s

A bit later I feel. The N class loco's were introduced in 1926. This is a photo of my grandfather Monty McKenna and staff at the Yallourn Station approx mid 40's. Monty was assigned to Yallourn from approx 1942 until he retired in 1950. I don't know all of the persons pictured but here are some:
    Top row L-R E G (Ted) Clarke, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown.
    Bottom Row L-R Chris Sparkes, Wilf Peters, Jack Collins, Tom Kennedy, Monty McKenna, Cliff Montague

I have another photo containing most of these personnel which I will post.

• 47 weeks 2 hours ago
    David Ferguson
    Tassie Trip 1964

And maybe Chris Evans between me and the teacher.
    Photo taken at Tarraleah?

• 47 weeks 3 hours ago
    David Ferguson
    Tassie Trip 1964

That's me next to Geoff Barnes. Teacher waving at the back.

• 48 weeks 3 days ago
    oldfart
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

5th from left definitely Roy Latta.

• 48 weeks 5 days ago
    Janina Gorbal
    Yallourn Tech School YTS - 1962 - Form 3CD

2nd row
    Rick Boskma 3rd from right :)

• 1 year 1 week ago
    colin nash
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

4th from left, front row, with a hat is Tom Holt

• 1 year 1 week ago
    colin nash
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

I think that is Tom Holt, with the hat on front row, 4th from the left, I think he had something to do with Moe races.

Nashy-Noble Park

• 1 year 1 week ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    Reunion 2018 - Steve George - New Life Member of Yallourn Association

Well done Steve

• 1 year 2 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

2nd from left is not Bill Purvis - is Roy Latta who used to work at Purvis Hardware Yallourn store then when I worked at Purvis in Moe he worked in the Hardware there. Had a lot to do with the Moe Racing Club

• 1 year 3 weeks ago
    Julie George
    Playground and Little Shop near Kindergarten - 1979

Uplands Road corner

• 1 year 4 weeks ago
    oldfart
    Yallourn Reunion - 3 March 2012 - Group 1956

3rd from right sitting, Marilyn Kennedy

• 1 year 4 weeks ago
    oldfart
    Men in Coats - maybe at the Races?

I think second from right is Bill Purvis from Moe.

• 1 year 10 weeks ago
    Paul Reader
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Next to my sister (step-sister) Jane - I was in Melbourne at boarding school by then. I think Jane should have been 1st year High School by then.

• 1 year 22 weeks ago
    Peter Hill
    Wolff

I thought that Mrs. Wolff was Lorna Wolff and their children Diane and Louise.

• 1 year 24 weeks ago
    Peter Hill
    1 Allambee Cres - Hill Family

Farewell to Peter and Helen Hill

• 1 year 24 weeks ago
    Peter Hill
    1 Allambee Crescent

Great to see our old house relocated. The house was one of the last homes built in Yallourn and was a good sized three bedroom house. I remember their was a wood fired copper laundry trough in the back shed early on before an electric washing machine with rollers arrived in the house laundry.
    I nearly burnt the house down while playing with matches in the laundry where we kept the old newspapers, I got a firm belting for that. The SEC painters came every 7 years and painted the house in and out. We had the first SEC electric heat bank heater setup in the lounge for testing, on moving I then set it up in my house in Traralgon.