Recent comments

Kevin Brogan
    Grade 6B

I am assuming that you are Alison Taylor, it was me who suggested it could be you in the Photograph - your father Tom and my father Arthur were work mates for many years. Its nice to see you here.

billmaxine
    Cosgriff

Patricia Cosgriff was my mother's niece who was Annie (Nan) Humphrey nee Cosgriff who came and lived with our family. Pat married Eric Warfe and they lived at Hillside Yallourn. My family were the only ones to live at 69 Church Street as Mum and Dad shifted the house to Toongabbie when Dad retired.
    Maxine Ebbott (nee Humphrey)

apg305
    Grade 6B

4th person in the second row is not Alison Taylor - I was in High School then

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

The adult woman in the centre of third row, looks familiar. Did she work at Rose's Chemist?

Julie George
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Yes...that's me...thanks Helsy.

smithfj
    Soccer Team - late 1940's

Middle row first from memory could be Bob Pollock

helen fischer -...
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Front row left - wouldn't be Julie Francis by any chance!!!!

dgrant45
    Male Prefects 1961

Back row left to right Andrew Smith, Bruce Garrett, Ian Dudley, David Lewis, Stefan Tomasz
    front row *****Roberts?, Ken Hannon?, Mr Coulson, Brian Kilday, Dick Sullivan.
    Prefects 1961..............

dgrant45
    Glen Cromie Park

Taken at Glen Cromie Park in 1985. Left to right Robert Gunn (Back view) Lorraine Dupree holding her child -she came out from UK for this reunion - Barbara Goding, Sue Fewster in the background, Margaret Robertson, Isabel McLaren, Bev Greenlees, and Merrilyn Murray.

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Thanks Carole, I can't remember which Kelly was in my class. She was a fast runner. I still don't run fast.

carole kelly
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Girl, blonde hair, not wearing hat, top row 4th l-r is Margaret Kelly Barbaras sister.

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Girl, blonde hair, not wearing a hat, top row 4th l-r looks like Barbara Kelly.

Inge Meldgaard
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

No, I don't think we began school in Yallourn until 1959. She was three years ahead of me, so would have been in fourth grade, I think, when I was in first grade.

footy (not verified)
    Scouts - Narracan Falls

The Tall gut with the glasses is Michael Larkin Terrys Brother from Hernes Oak

Pauline Tangey
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

Inge, is 2nd row 3rd from left your sister Tove?

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    Inge Meldgaard
    Grade 6

Front row, second from left: Rosemary Goddard. fourth from right: Jennifer Baird
    Second row, third from right: Colin Fulton. first on left: Graham Dennis (I think)
    Back row, far right: Peter Glasper. fourth from right: David Thompson

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    Inge Meldgaard
    Lerche

Name of Husband should be: Niels Anker Melgaard Lerche
    Name of Wife should be: Elna Marie Lerche

My father died in 2002, and my mother in 2006. They moved from Yallourn in 1971 to Traralgon, and then to Mulgrave, in Melbourne, in 1979.
    Dad worked as a boiler house engineer, first in the old Yallourn Power Station (1959), and then in Morwell, until he retired in 1977. Tove now uses the name' Melgaard-Lerche', and I (Inge) use the name 'Meldgaard', which was part of my grandfather's name (Meldgaard Lerche). My father's use of 'Melgaard' was a spelling mistake on his christening certificate. My grandfather's farm on the mainland of Denmark was called 'Meldgaard', after his mother's maiden name.

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    10 Westbrook Road

Betha and Percy Deacon, son Arthur. They came to Yallourn from Leicestershire England. Mr Deacon kept a very good garden and was particularly proud of his roses. Mrs Deacon was a kindly lady and was a good friend of my mothers. Arthur studied at Melb Uni and settled in Hobart where Mr and Mrs Deacon retired to.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    14 Westbrook Road

Up until the early 1960's, Bill and Trixie Spicer lived at 14 Westbrook Rd. I think that prior to Westbrook Rd, that they lived in Office Place. Bill was a carpenter and Mrs Spicer was an excellent pianist and played regularly with local bands. They did not have any children. After retirement they moved to Williamstown where, I think, they had lived previous to Yallourn. They had family in Williamstown. Their garden always looked perfect. They were very good neighbours.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    McColl

My father, Ron McColl came to Yallourn during the Depression. He was a painter and worked for the SEC until he retired in 1967. His position at retirement was the supervisor of building maintenance for Yallourn, Yallourn North and the SEC houses in Newborough.
    My Mother, Vi, moved to Yallourn (South Camp) from Sale in 1923. Guess she saw Yallourn come and go. She loved the place.

Upon dad's retirement they moved to 14 Mardan St East Newborough. After dad died in 1977, mum moved to a unit in Moe then finally Graceview (Moe) until she passed away in 1996.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    Winstanley

Mr Winstanley was involved in the St John's Ambulance. He used to train cadets, of which I was one, along with the likes of Ken Hender. I do not believe that he and Mrs Winstanley had any children. I remember him fondly, he was a good man.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    19 Church Street

The Backman family lived in this house during the 1950s and into the 1960s. Bill Backman and his wife, there were 2 girls and 3 boys. John Backman was a state champion amateur boxer and a good friend of my brother, John McColl. Mr Backman ran the Boys Club which was located behind the swimming pool near the scout hall. He was a good bloke.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    Form Captains YTS 1959

On Winton McColls left is his cousin, David Dickson, from Morwell, the brother of Judy who attended YHS a few years earlier.

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    Form Captains YTS 1959

The photo is of the form captains YTC 1959.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 33 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

Between Peter Charleston and "Bill" Abery is either Chris or Doug Robertson. Think it's Chris. Doug is in the next row on Peter Pooley's left. The Robertson's lived opposite the pub. Mrs R made great pies and pasties which the boys and others sold at the pub. They later moved to Moe.
    Yes it's not Wally Abery nor Bill, but Peter Abery. Bill was Peter's nickname - think that Bill was his father. John White could confirm as they lived in the same street.
    Next to Bert Hopman is Barry Davis - from Hernes Oak.
    Is it Alan Ashmore or Graham Coburn?