Recent comments

Children
    Susan 1954
    Christopher 1956
    David 1959
    Robert 1961
    Kathryn 1963

Alf was involved with Yallourn Madrigals and played organ at Yallourn Presbyterian Church

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    frank widdows
    YPS - 1963 Grade 4B

2nd row 6th from LHS is Sandra Grivins. Back row 7th from LHS is Robert Crisfield. Back row 5th from LHS Robyn Devroom is correct.

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    n.crawley
    Yallourn Bricks made by the Brickworks

My family went to Yallourn to set up the brickworks for the SEC and then managed it until it was no longer of use to the commission. My great grandfather WH(Dad) Brewer then leased it until he died in the late 1940's. During the time he managed the brickworks for the SEC the bricks all had Yallourn stamped into the 'frog', when he leased the brickworks and ran it as a family business the family name 'Brewer'replaced Yallourn on the bricks.

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Female Prefects 1961

I don't think this teacher is Mrs. (Polly)Parsons. She has a more larger round face, with spectacles. There is another school photo with Mrs. Parsons. In 1964/65 she told me off for wearing knee high socks under my school tights. The tights didn't keep my feet warm.

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    teddo
    Female Prefects 1961

The teacher is most likely to be Mrs Parsons ("Polly")
    {I doubt that was actually her christian name. ?}

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    teddo
    Male Prefects 1961

The teacher is Alan Coulson.
    Headmaster: Jan. 1961 to Dec. 1965.

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Janice & Anne McCoy - 33 Latrobe Ave

Thats Ok Stuart - I dont think it hurt her too much - she got used to doing the Garden in her bare feet. Didnt do her any harm at all - she still is doing her own gardenning -she lives in Newborough now. They moved there in 1976. We bulit a house in Churchill - same street where John Webb lived, before he moved to the Goold Coast. We lived only 100metres from each other

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Stuart Irving
    Janice & Anne McCoy - 33 Latrobe Ave

Good to hear from you Kevin. Um.. I have a confession to make. In about 1968, your mother came to our place in Coach Road to see if my Labrador had stolen her gardening shoes (which he was inclined to do), and could she have them back. I told her that we didn't have them. Truth of the matter was that they were so badly chewed up that I had put them in the rubbish bin, and was way too embarassed to tell her.
    Sorry.

• 3 years 42 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Janice & Anne McCoy - 33 Latrobe Ave

Hello Stuart - nice to see you on here. Brings back memories of the Coach Road / Boola Crescent days. I hope you are well.

• 3 years 42 weeks ago
    Stuart Irving
    Janice & Anne McCoy - 33 Latrobe Ave

Hi,
    I have actually seen John Webb in the last 12 mos. He and Janice live on the southern end of the Gold Coast, around Burleigh Heads I think.
    They have a son who plays county cricket in England, so they spend some of their time over there.

Stuart I

• 3 years 42 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Janice & Anne McCoy - 33 Latrobe Ave

John was a very active member of the Churchill Cricket Club for quite a few years - its hghly likely that someone within the Club has his current address.

• 3 years 42 weeks ago
    Stephen georgiou
    Vassos Georgiou

This is my father, my mother is kathleen we live at 16 church street and moved to 10 church street on the south east corner of church and latrobe av. I think. On the north east corner lived the rainbow family. We lived in yallourn until 1973 when we where forced to move by the sec.
    Our blood plum tree stood for many years after the town was demolished as it produced massive juicy plums. Until one day in 1981 when it was gone. The overburden dozer and dredge caught up.

• 3 years 43 weeks ago
    Julie George
    Janice & Anne McCoy - 33 Latrobe Ave

Hi, Janice married John Webb. They moved from Yallourn to Churchill and then left Churchill for the Gold Coast approximately 15 years ago. Anne married Merv Cusworth and they move from Yallourn to Churchill as well. I think they then moved to Sale...Kevin B

• 3 years 43 weeks ago
    moyaday
    McCoy

Kevin,
    Thank you for the info that you have provided re my cousins, at least i have a starting point.

Regards,
    Moya Smith.

• 3 years 43 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    McCoy

• 3 years 43 weeks ago
    morag1
    37 Parkside

I am trying to find info about my great aunty and uncle - Lisle and Grace Buckle who lived at 37 Parkside. Lisle worked at Yallourn and I remember visiting them when I was a child ( I'm 63 now!)

Why is the plan of their house in reverse?

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    margie
    14 Meadow Lane

This is the home my mum grew up in, my mums name was Cecilia Marguerite Humphries. Her siblings were as follows- Russell Humphries, Betty Humphries{dec} Bernard Humphries{dec},Leila Humphries, Lyn Humphries, John Humphries, Terry Humphries{dec} and Kathy Humphries. So Proud of my Family, love Kim Ross.

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    moyaday
    33 Latrobe Avenue

This is the house that my Grandmother & Aunty/Uncle lived in.

Moya Smith [nee day]

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    moyaday
    McCoy

My name is Moya Smith [nee Day] Marjorie McCoy [nee day] was my aunty, i'm just wondering whether
    anyone would know the where abouts of my two cousins Janice & Anne McCoy.

Regards,
    Moya.

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 2C

Was Margaret Kendall Miss Marsh.

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 2C

Did Margaret Kendall marry Brian Elkner, French teacher? Margaret always carried a handbag.

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Teachers

I think you're right. He was teaching still in 1963.

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    bkenny
    Form 2C

brian kenny here, i believe the teacher is margaret kendall. long standing family friends in the 70's & 80's. sadly, margaret has just passed away.

• 3 years 44 weeks ago
    bkenny
    Grade 5B

brian kenny here, i think robyn kenny is actually the elder sister kerrie - they're my cousins. cheers

• 3 years 45 weeks ago
    bkenny
    Teachers

brian kenny here, an uncertain recollection, back-row far-right might be mr dwyer, science teacher. cheers.