Recent comments

• 3 years 46 weeks ago
    marianna (not verified)
    EX YALLOURN RESIDENTS - please help

I was born at the Yallourn Hospital 9th December, 1950, my mother was Shirley Eunice Lepp. I have been looking for my godparents Phillis & Bruce Machine or any of their children. They lived in Yallourn for many years. There were 4 children in the family and one in particular we use to call Tubby. I stayed with them a couple of times over school holidays and we went wandering down through the bush at the back of their home looking for yabbies.

• 3 years 46 weeks ago
    FlorenceB
    Hernes Oak Primary

BACK ROW LEFT TO RIGHT
    Harry Johnstone, Alan Breurton, Richard Hall, John Clark, Graham McHenry, Ivan Simpson, George Briggs, Garry Kitney, ____ ____, Peter Alexander, Charlie Osborne
    THIRD ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT
    Jim Packer, Joycelyn Robbin, Amber Osborne, Faye Anderson, Glenys McIlwaine, Joyce Helmuth, Laurel Beasley, Sylvia Rainbow, Ray Scott
    SECOND ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT
    Barry Davis, Tommy Osborne, Michael Milinjovic, Wally Shaw, Barry Walburn, Billy McLernon, Johnny Johnstone, Peter Sutton, Malcolm Reine, Victor Wright, Colin Nash
    FRONT ROW, LEFT TO RIGHT
    ___ ___, Barbara McInnes, Florence Chessum, Janet Rainbow, Vivian Wright, Beverley Cloak

TEACHER
    June Bartlett (Morrissey)

• 3 years 47 weeks ago
    Teresa
    YHS Girls

This photo comes from my personal collection and was taken in 1966 or 1967 and was at the Yallourn Swimming Pool during the school sports. The person at the front is not Tessa but Delores.

• 3 years 47 weeks ago
    smhinkley
    35 Strzelecki Rd - Hender Family

Hi I'm looking to get into contact with Lorraine Hender I went to YAF with her approx 1963
    If anyone one knows of where she is I would like to get in touch.
    Sue Hinkley (nee Duxbury)

• 3 years 47 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Form 1H

next to Carol Moffat is Helen Duff, X, Jean Taylor

• 3 years 47 weeks ago
    frank widdows
    Form 1H

front row from left is Janet Williams, Carol Moffat, x, x, x, x, Susan Barnard, x

3rd row from left is x, Christine Widdows, Teacher, x, Susan Jensen, x

Children
    Susan 1954
    Christopher 1956
    David 1959
    Robert 1961
    Kathryn 1963

Alf was involved with Yallourn Madrigals and played organ at Yallourn Presbyterian Church

• 3 years 48 weeks ago
    frank widdows
    YPS - 1963 Grade 4B

2nd row 6th from LHS is Sandra Grivins. Back row 7th from LHS is Robert Crisfield. Back row 5th from LHS Robyn Devroom is correct.

• 3 years 49 weeks ago
    n.crawley
    Yallourn Bricks made by the Brickworks

My family went to Yallourn to set up the brickworks for the SEC and then managed it until it was no longer of use to the commission. My great grandfather WH(Dad) Brewer then leased it until he died in the late 1940's. During the time he managed the brickworks for the SEC the bricks all had Yallourn stamped into the 'frog', when he leased the brickworks and ran it as a family business the family name 'Brewer'replaced Yallourn on the bricks.

• 3 years 49 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Female Prefects 1961

I don't think this teacher is Mrs. (Polly)Parsons. She has a more larger round face, with spectacles. There is another school photo with Mrs. Parsons. In 1964/65 she told me off for wearing knee high socks under my school tights. The tights didn't keep my feet warm.

• 3 years 49 weeks ago
    teddo
    Female Prefects 1961

The teacher is most likely to be Mrs Parsons ("Polly")
    {I doubt that was actually her christian name. ?}

• 3 years 49 weeks ago
    teddo
    Male Prefects 1961

The teacher is Alan Coulson.
    Headmaster: Jan. 1961 to Dec. 1965.

• 3 years 51 weeks ago
    Stephen georgiou
    Vassos Georgiou

This is my father, my mother is kathleen we live at 16 church street and moved to 10 church street on the south east corner of church and latrobe av. I think. On the north east corner lived the rainbow family. We lived in yallourn until 1973 when we where forced to move by the sec.
    Our blood plum tree stood for many years after the town was demolished as it produced massive juicy plums. Until one day in 1981 when it was gone. The overburden dozer and dredge caught up.

• 3 years 52 weeks ago
    moyaday
    McCoy

Kevin,
    Thank you for the info that you have provided re my cousins, at least i have a starting point.

Regards,
    Moya Smith.

• 4 years 1 day ago
    Kevin Brogan
    McCoy

Hi, Janice married John Webb. They moved from Yallourn to Churchill and then left Churchill for the Gold Coast approximately 15 years ago. Anne married Merv Cusworth and they move from Yallourn to Churchill as well. I think they then moved to Sale.

• 4 years 2 days ago
    morag1
    37 Parkside

I am trying to find info about my great aunty and uncle - Lisle and Grace Buckle who lived at 37 Parkside. Lisle worked at Yallourn and I remember visiting them when I was a child ( I'm 63 now!)

Why is the plan of their house in reverse?

• 4 years 6 days ago
    margie
    14 Meadow Lane

This is the home my mum grew up in, my mums name was Cecilia Marguerite Humphries. Her siblings were as follows- Russell Humphries, Betty Humphries{dec} Bernard Humphries{dec},Leila Humphries, Lyn Humphries, John Humphries, Terry Humphries{dec} and Kathy Humphries. So Proud of my Family, love Kim Ross.

• 4 years 1 week ago
    moyaday
    33 Latrobe Avenue

This is the house that my Grandmother & Aunty/Uncle lived in.

Moya Smith [nee day]

• 4 years 1 week ago
    moyaday
    McCoy

My name is Moya Smith [nee Day] Marjorie McCoy [nee day] was my aunty, i'm just wondering whether
    anyone would know the where abouts of my two cousins Janice & Anne McCoy.

Regards,
    Moya.

• 4 years 1 week ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 2C

Was Margaret Kendall Miss Marsh.

• 4 years 1 week ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 2C

Did Margaret Kendall marry Brian Elkner, French teacher? Margaret always carried a handbag.

• 4 years 1 week ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Teachers

I think you're right. He was teaching still in 1963.

• 4 years 1 week ago
    bkenny
    Form 2C

brian kenny here, i believe the teacher is margaret kendall. long standing family friends in the 70's & 80's. sadly, margaret has just passed away.

• 4 years 1 week ago
    bkenny
    Grade 5B

brian kenny here, i think robyn kenny is actually the elder sister kerrie - they're my cousins. cheers

• 4 years 1 week ago
    bkenny
    Teachers

brian kenny here, an uncertain recollection, back-row far-right might be mr dwyer, science teacher. cheers.