Recent comments

• 5 years 7 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    Form Captains YTS 1959

On Winton McColls left is his cousin, David Dickson, from Morwell, the brother of Judy who attended YHS a few years earlier.

• 5 years 7 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    Form Captains YTS 1959

The photo is of the form captains YTC 1959.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 7 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

Between Peter Charleston and "Bill" Abery is either Chris or Doug Robertson. Think it's Chris. Doug is in the next row on Peter Pooley's left. The Robertson's lived opposite the pub. Mrs R made great pies and pasties which the boys and others sold at the pub. They later moved to Moe.
    Yes it's not Wally Abery nor Bill, but Peter Abery. Bill was Peter's nickname - think that Bill was his father. John White could confirm as they lived in the same street.
    Next to Bert Hopman is Barry Davis - from Hernes Oak.
    Is it Alan Ashmore or Graham Coburn?

• 5 years 7 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Grade 6

Inge Lerche has a story about her journey to Australia. Really interesting. Google Inge Lerche.

• 5 years 8 weeks ago
    Margaret Welshe
    Needham

Ivy and Bill Needham were my godparents. They didn't have any children.
    Ivy (helped by Bill) did florist work at home. They made the arrangement and wreaths for most of the weddings and funerals in the town (Margaret Welshe (Cain))

• 5 years 8 weeks ago
    Margaret Welshe
    58 Parkway

I was born in the Yallourn Hospital in 1946 and lived at 58 Parkway until I went to Burwood Teachers College in 1964.
    We were married in the Yallourn Presbyterian Church in 1969 (lived in Melbourne at the time).
    I January 1970 Doug and I moved to Toowoomba, Qld.
    My mother, Pat, moved to Toowoomba after Dad died

• 5 years 8 weeks ago
    skystruc
    YTC - 1967 Form 2B

Top Row 3: Robert (Busty) Dean
    Middle Row 5: Steven Heath
    Front Row 1: Chris Folley 4: John Swankhousen 9: Steven Millet

I remember Joe Italiano had acouple of hot sisters Polly and Georgina.

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    hydetft
    Scouts - Rovers

As a scout back in the mid 50's I loved going up to Mt Erica with the Schole's Victor and his father George. So much so I always hoped that ther was snow. To get to the huts it was a feat to be believed as we had to carry everything that we wanted for that time. Yes the huts were basic but comfortable but the views from mushroom rock was totally out of this world.

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    hydetft
    Grade 6

Geeeeeeeeeeez I wish I was as young as my brother then I would own up to it 5 from the left in the second row is Neville Hyde

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    barry callinan
    Trevorah

Wife better known as Molly

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    barry callinan
    Ashmead

Husband was more commonly known as Phil

• 5 years 9 weeks ago

barry callinan
    Callinan

Siblings were Yvonne, Patricia, Barry and Clare

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    SECV Typists 1960's

Young woman fourth from l-r is ? (Fay or Julie or ?, she is a twin) Dudley.

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    Julie George
    SECV Typists 1960's

L- R: Grace Psalia, _ Dudley, ? , Margaret Laszczyk, Tilly Verbern, ?

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    35 Strzelecki Rd - Hender Family

I think the middle one is Ray Grieve, the other one looks a little like David Tormey

• 5 years 9 weeks ago
    graeme hancock
    Yalllourn Guest House Office Place (Entry)

My Mum and Dad managed this guest house circa 1948 to 1951 (not totally certain). Vera and Fred Hancock. Regrettably they both passed away in 2000. I did not have the foresight to extract a history of their life in Yallourn from them.

I was born at Yallourn Hospital in 1950.

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Grade 6

I think the boy at the left hand end of the 2nd row is Mark Courtney. The girl 4th from the left in the front row could be Kerry French

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Grade 6

Boy top row, third from right, is my cousin Wayne Tangey.

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    SECV Typists 1960's

L- R, Grace Psalia, ?, ?, Margaret Laszczyk, Tilly Verbern, ?

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Grade 6

Yes, you are right, I recognised other faces but could not put names to them - you are the guru!!!!!

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Grade 6

Boy in back row 5th from right is Roger Dolphin. The girl in the front row (2nd from right) could be Cheryl Oliver The boy in the 2nd row on the right hand end is Graeme Dinsdale. The taller blonde girl in the middle of the 3rd row could be Julie Sagar. The tall boy 6th from teh right in the 2nd row is the boy Hyde, the boy 5th from the right in the 2nd row is Rod Mcallister

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Grade 6

• 5 years 10 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Grade 6

2nd back row ?, ?, ?, ?, Ann McLennon,?, Dianne Watkinson, Joan Ashmead
    Front row girl behind boy with sign is Lesley douglas