Recent comments

• 3 years 37 weeks ago
    morag1
    37 Parkside

I am trying to find info about my great aunty and uncle - Lisle and Grace Buckle who lived at 37 Parkside. Lisle worked at Yallourn and I remember visiting them when I was a child ( I'm 63 now!)

Why is the plan of their house in reverse?

• 3 years 38 weeks ago
    margie
    14 Meadow Lane

This is the home my mum grew up in, my mums name was Cecilia Marguerite Humphries. Her siblings were as follows- Russell Humphries, Betty Humphries{dec} Bernard Humphries{dec},Leila Humphries, Lyn Humphries, John Humphries, Terry Humphries{dec} and Kathy Humphries. So Proud of my Family, love Kim Ross.

• 3 years 38 weeks ago
    moyaday
    33 Latrobe Avenue

This is the house that my Grandmother & Aunty/Uncle lived in.

Moya Smith [nee day]

• 3 years 38 weeks ago
    moyaday
    McCoy

My name is Moya Smith [nee Day] Marjorie McCoy [nee day] was my aunty, i'm just wondering whether
    anyone would know the where abouts of my two cousins Janice & Anne McCoy.

Regards,
    Moya.

• 3 years 38 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 2C

Was Margaret Kendall Miss Marsh.

• 3 years 38 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 2C

Did Margaret Kendall marry Brian Elkner, French teacher? Margaret always carried a handbag.

• 3 years 38 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Teachers

I think you're right. He was teaching still in 1963.

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    bkenny
    Form 2C

brian kenny here, i believe the teacher is margaret kendall. long standing family friends in the 70's & 80's. sadly, margaret has just passed away.

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    bkenny
    Grade 5B

brian kenny here, i think robyn kenny is actually the elder sister kerrie - they're my cousins. cheers

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    bkenny
    Teachers

brian kenny here, an uncertain recollection, back-row far-right might be mr dwyer, science teacher. cheers.

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    malady 75
    EX YALLOURN RESIDENTS - please help

im looking for some information on Eilleen and William Sheilds. they were residents of yallourn. William was charged with murdering his wife Eilleenn in 1948. if anyone has more details to that story id really appreciate some input. my family bought one of the yallourn houses back in 1977-78 and moved it in 3 pieces to trafalgar. i feel there was alot of history captured in the house and would love to find the conection between the house and the Sheilds.
    thank you.

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    heathermifsud
    Ferguson

Children:-

Barbara
    David
    Pamela
    Heather

• 3 years 39 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

I think the boy in the front row - 2nd from the right hand end (between Colin Murdoch and Murray Champion) is Wayne Jacobs

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    1 Boola Crescent

Millers were the first Residents in 1 Boola - followed by Evans

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Birthday Party For John Ebsworth - 1947

Prior to George and Sonia Bates moving into 3 Boola the following families lived there: Proctors, Georges (Policeman), Bookers (Policeman), Paddy and Pat Mc Ivor (Paddy was also a Policeman), Ray Garland moved in after the Bates family (although there was another family in between)

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    6 Boola Crescent

The Nicholas Family ( Mr & Mrs Nicholas, Arthur and Marion) family lived in 6 Boola prior to Heskeys. Nicholas's then moved to 4 Park Crescent.

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

I think the girl 2nd Row -4th from the left is Alison Taylor

• 3 years 40 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    Form 4

Stephen Clarke, I have today received info on glutathione and relationship with parkinsons, alzheimers etc and the connection. Contact me if you want to.
    Pauline Santillo
    Melbourne

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    YTS 1960 Form 2CD

Me again. I remember Joe Manicola like it was yesterday. Once I had the name, I could put to picture. The other two boy's I don't remember. In the street I now live, next door is a woman who was born and grew up in Drouin, directly across the rode a young husband and wife born and grew up in Mirboo North, seven houses along from my house lives an old woman (her husband passed away last year) named Irene who grew up in Tyers.

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    YTS 1960 Form 2CD

Hi Pauline, I think he may have. The Yallourn North Bus used to come to Yallourn to pick some of us Yallourn guys up. I am pretty sure that he used to travel on that Bus. Stephan Nahorny (back row as well -other end) was also a Yallourn North resident. Joe Manicola was also from YN, as was ? Balsan

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    YTS 1960 Form 2CD

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    YTS 1960 Form 2CD

In the brainy class Kevin. I realised it was 1960 after looking again at photo. I wonder if Ian Bennett lived in Yallourn North.

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    footy (not verified)
    Male

We lived at 24 Strzelecki Rd from 1946 to 1976. Children Ray, Norma.

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    YTS 1960 Form 2CD

1960 Pauline - I was in the same year - but I was in 2AB

• 3 years 41 weeks ago
    Pauline Tangey
    YTS 1960 Form 2CD

Top row, 2nd from left, Ian Bennett, his face is familiar. What year is this photo?