Recent comments

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Evening Kevin, Barbara Kelly commenced YHS same year as me 1963. I turned 61 last September. I went to Yallourn North primary. I still have all my school reports, in excellent condition. I'm looking throughout my house, for a book of mine named "Innaminka", which Dolphin's book store gave to me in 1964. Mr. Dolphins name is stuck inside the book.

Pauline Tangey
    Pylon Commitee - 1963

Back r-l 3rd John Clarke, on his right Neils Hutchinson
    front r-l 2nd ?Vincent

guson
    Setches

Don't forget Gaye, she is the baby of the family.

Kevin Brogan
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Hello Pauline, I am not sure how old you may be, but Barbara Kelly was friendly with my sister at primary school. They were in the same grade, my sister has just turned 61, so I am guessing that Barbara is a similar age.

Kevin Brogan
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

I recognise her as well. I will check with my mother, I am sure she will be able to put a name to her.

Kevin Brogan
    Grade 6B

I am assuming that you are Alison Taylor, it was me who suggested it could be you in the Photograph - your father Tom and my father Arthur were work mates for many years. Its nice to see you here.

billmaxine
    Cosgriff

Patricia Cosgriff was my mother's niece who was Annie (Nan) Humphrey nee Cosgriff who came and lived with our family. Pat married Eric Warfe and they lived at Hillside Yallourn. My family were the only ones to live at 69 Church Street as Mum and Dad shifted the house to Toongabbie when Dad retired.
    Maxine Ebbott (nee Humphrey)

apg305
    Grade 6B

4th person in the second row is not Alison Taylor - I was in High School then

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

The adult woman in the centre of third row, looks familiar. Did she work at Rose's Chemist?

Julie George
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Yes...that's me...thanks Helsy.

smithfj
    Soccer Team - late 1940's

Middle row first from memory could be Bob Pollock

helen fischer -...
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Front row left - wouldn't be Julie Francis by any chance!!!!

dgrant45
    Male Prefects 1961

Back row left to right Andrew Smith, Bruce Garrett, Ian Dudley, David Lewis, Stefan Tomasz
    front row *****Roberts?, Ken Hannon?, Mr Coulson, Brian Kilday, Dick Sullivan.
    Prefects 1961..............

dgrant45
    Glen Cromie Park

Taken at Glen Cromie Park in 1985. Left to right Robert Gunn (Back view) Lorraine Dupree holding her child -she came out from UK for this reunion - Barbara Goding, Sue Fewster in the background, Margaret Robertson, Isabel McLaren, Bev Greenlees, and Merrilyn Murray.

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Thanks Carole, I can't remember which Kelly was in my class. She was a fast runner. I still don't run fast.

carole kelly
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Girl, blonde hair, not wearing hat, top row 4th l-r is Margaret Kelly Barbaras sister.

Pauline Tangey
    Brownies Camp, Guide House at Yarra Junction 1963

Girl, blonde hair, not wearing a hat, top row 4th l-r looks like Barbara Kelly.

Inge Meldgaard
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

No, I don't think we began school in Yallourn until 1959. She was three years ahead of me, so would have been in fourth grade, I think, when I was in first grade.

footy (not verified)
    Scouts - Narracan Falls

The Tall gut with the glasses is Michael Larkin Terrys Brother from Hernes Oak

Pauline Tangey
    YPS 1958 Grade 6B

Inge, is 2nd row 3rd from left your sister Tove?

• 5 years 41 weeks ago
    Inge Meldgaard
    Grade 6

Front row, second from left: Rosemary Goddard. fourth from right: Jennifer Baird
    Second row, third from right: Colin Fulton. first on left: Graham Dennis (I think)
    Back row, far right: Peter Glasper. fourth from right: David Thompson

• 5 years 41 weeks ago
    Inge Meldgaard
    Lerche

Name of Husband should be: Niels Anker Melgaard Lerche
    Name of Wife should be: Elna Marie Lerche

My father died in 2002, and my mother in 2006. They moved from Yallourn in 1971 to Traralgon, and then to Mulgrave, in Melbourne, in 1979.
    Dad worked as a boiler house engineer, first in the old Yallourn Power Station (1959), and then in Morwell, until he retired in 1977. Tove now uses the name' Melgaard-Lerche', and I (Inge) use the name 'Meldgaard', which was part of my grandfather's name (Meldgaard Lerche). My father's use of 'Melgaard' was a spelling mistake on his christening certificate. My grandfather's farm on the mainland of Denmark was called 'Meldgaard', after his mother's maiden name.

• 5 years 41 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    10 Westbrook Road

Betha and Percy Deacon, son Arthur. They came to Yallourn from Leicestershire England. Mr Deacon kept a very good garden and was particularly proud of his roses. Mrs Deacon was a kindly lady and was a good friend of my mothers. Arthur studied at Melb Uni and settled in Hobart where Mr and Mrs Deacon retired to.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 41 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    14 Westbrook Road

Up until the early 1960's, Bill and Trixie Spicer lived at 14 Westbrook Rd. I think that prior to Westbrook Rd, that they lived in Office Place. Bill was a carpenter and Mrs Spicer was an excellent pianist and played regularly with local bands. They did not have any children. After retirement they moved to Williamstown where, I think, they had lived previous to Yallourn. They had family in Williamstown. Their garden always looked perfect. They were very good neighbours.

Winton McColl

• 5 years 41 weeks ago
    westbrook_12
    McColl

My father, Ron McColl came to Yallourn during the Depression. He was a painter and worked for the SEC until he retired in 1967. His position at retirement was the supervisor of building maintenance for Yallourn, Yallourn North and the SEC houses in Newborough.
    My Mother, Vi, moved to Yallourn (South Camp) from Sale in 1923. Guess she saw Yallourn come and go. She loved the place.

Upon dad's retirement they moved to 14 Mardan St East Newborough. After dad died in 1977, mum moved to a unit in Moe then finally Graceview (Moe) until she passed away in 1996.

Winton McColl