Recent comments

jander
    YPS - Grades 1, 2 & 3 - 1977

Front Row (Left) is Leisa Anderson

• 2 years 35 weeks ago
    Mark Griffiths
    Yallourn Football Club YFC - 1944 Premiers

My Father is in the back row 4th in from the left, you have his name as Wilson Griffiths this is incorrect,could this please be changed to Watson Griffiths.

Regards

Mark Griffiths

• 2 years 40 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Reunion 2016

Back Row ? is Jimmy Collins

Middle Row , John Norden, ?, ?, Kevin Spiers (not Mick Kilday), Carol Hunt etc

• 2 years 42 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Reunion 2016

"?" is Deb Ferguson ( Gallagher of State Savings Bank )

• 2 years 42 weeks ago
    billmaxine
    Badminton Club - 1960

Standing far right Alan Robinson seated far right Judith Humphrey

• 2 years 44 weeks ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    St John's Church of England Confirmation Class 1954

Front Row Keith White , John Scott ,Trevor Mccoll ,?,?,?, David Sloan ,Bruce Mussard, ?

• 2 years 44 weeks ago
    Cheryl Bourke
    Badminton Club - 1960

(Standing - from left) ?, Peter Griffiths, ? , Bob Bourke, Harold Parkes, ? , Barbara Parkes, ?
    (sitting) - unknown

• 2 years 44 weeks ago
    Cheryl Bourke
    St John's Church of England Confirmation Class 1954

Maxine Bourke far left in photo.

• 2 years 44 weeks ago
    Sally Barton
    Kindergarten

Hi Julie,
    where do you find these photos? Thank you so much for posting this picture. I don't come onto the site very often but seeing a photo like this makes it so worth while although very strange!- It's like someone has entered my brain. This picture is just....clear and familiar to me and a big part of the childhood I remember.
    Thanks again,
    Sally

• 2 years 45 weeks ago
    billmaxine
    Bill&Maxine Ebbott

In photo description -incorrect date, should be early 1974, was apparently one of the last houses to be shifted before union embargo on removals. Maybe Val Pyers, (a memorable teacher), would also not be happy with the use of to and not in?

• 2 years 45 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Grade 6

Sorry I mabe mistake 3rd row , 3rd from left is not Bruce Davey it is Michael Collins
    Also top row 2nd from left is Kevin Gould and 3rd is John Wilson
    The teacher is Mr Myers

• 2 years 46 weeks ago
    josie goodwin
    McIntosh

Children were Harold, Eleanor ((deceased), Norma, Danny (deceased) Susan

• 2 years 46 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    24 Narracan Avenue

Sorry I have been corrected by my eldest son . Cheryl and I were living at 24 Narracn ave from 1973 not 1974

• 2 years 47 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Grade 6

2nd row third from left is Bruce Davey ( I think) the forth on the left is Robert Faulkner

• 2 years 47 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Grade 1

I am the little blonde boy on the left in the second row from the bottom. The small boy holding the class ID in the front is Roy Ball ( I am sorry to say that poor Roy is no longer with us. )

• 2 years 47 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Bruce Davey

My wife Cheryl and I were at this address after we were maried from 1974 until about 1976 . Then we moved to Morwell.

• 2 years 49 weeks ago
    Julie O'Connor
    Dellabrosca

Robyn was the other daughter. I think she was born in 1959.

• 2 years 50 weeks ago
    Julie O'Connor
    Grade 6

The third on the right of the first standing row is my sister Jenni O'Connor and behind her and one to the left is my eldest sister Terri. I recognise some of the other faces but can't put a name to them. I'll show Jenni this photo - she has a memory like an elephant!

• 2 years 50 weeks ago
    Julie O'Connor
    St Therese's - Prep - 2

Seated front row third from the left is my little sister, Karen O'Connor. I'd forgotten what a little cutie she was! And standing up back row second from the left is one of my lovely little brothers, John O'Connor. Wow, this makes me feel old!

• 2 years 52 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Yallourn Youth Club - Mavis McAllister (Webb) - 1948 trip to Mt Erica

Mavis has not changed a bit!!!!!fyHr4

• 3 years 1 day ago
    specialreader
    Thespians

my name is Bill Wybenga.
    I was involved with the Yallourn Little Theatre.
    Another name is Mario de Bono who did much stage preparations. And of course Jim Vincent producer stahe worker and many other positions.
    What a great time!
    Most of the work took place in the stables.

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    JJ Goold
    Ganz

The Ganz's lived at 4 Garden St, not 1 Maiden St. They were my neighbours when my family lived in Maiden St.

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    Mark Dunwoodie
    Yallourn Primary School YPS Grades 3, 4 and 6 1967

Ok - here goes:
    Fourth Row. Robbie Thorpe, Ronnie Lee, Mark Dunwoodie.
    Third Row, Marty Francis, Kerry Evans ?, Jillian Woods, Annette Long, Elaine Coad, ? , Ian Jardine
    Second Row. Gary Smith?, Ian Griffiths, Ken Tate, Dale ?, Robert Crookston, Mark Hawken, Neville Pattell, Greg Yelland.
    First Row. ?, Wendy Brimacombe, Kathy Harrison, ?, ?, Julie Glasper, Karen Woods, Valerie Hedt, Jenny Tyrell.
    Our teacher was the wonderful Miss Robertson who left for term holidays and returned as Mrs Geppert.
    Apologies if I have made a mistake and to those whose names I can't recall - I do know you but need more thinking music.

• 3 years 4 weeks ago
    Julie George
    Yallourn Primary School YPS 1966 Grade 2

Thanks Mark - that's great. Marty Francis was here last night and he hadn't seen any of these photos before. He wasn't nearly as good as you at naming people! Julie

• 3 years 4 weeks ago
    Mark Dunwoodie
    Yallourn Primary School YPS 1966 Grade 2

I hadn't arrived in Yallourn until the next year but this is a real trip down memory lane.

David McMicken, Phillip Lemon, Stephen Grey, Mark Flanagan, Ronny Lee, Phil Steers, Marty Francis, Geoffrey Castell, Graeme Peters, Rod Leleivre.
    ?, Julie Glasper, Brenda Long, ?, ?, Wendy Oversby, Kathy? Demtiriou, ?,?.
    Roland Davies, Ian Jardine, Neville Pattel, Ross Magnusson, ?, Ernie DeVries, ? Michael Clark, ?, ?.
    ?, ?, ?, Wendy Brimacombe, JoAnne Knight, ?, Valerie Hedt, Glenda Thorpe, Linda Green.
    Jacqueline Danger, Julie Lacey.

Apologies for any mistakes.