Recent comments

• 2 years 32 weeks ago
    JJ Goold
    Teachers

Sorry but this is not 1958. In the centre next to Mrs parson is Keith Hollingsworth and he taught year 12 English commencing 59. I'd say the photo was 1960 or later.

• 2 years 32 weeks ago
    JJ Goold
    Homman

Deputy headmaster YHS - taught years 11 and 12 mathematics

• 2 years 34 weeks ago
    Julie George
    McMahon

Hi Brian
    Thanks for your interesting comments and memories - keep them coming. They all add to the archives.
    Julie

• 2 years 37 weeks ago
    Brian Handley
    McMahon

Prior to McMahon family occupying 72 Strzelecki Road, it was occupied by Collins Family who moved to Central Ave Newborough in the 1950s. Jack Collins worked at Yallourn Railway Station (from memory). He was married to Alice Collins. Children were; Kaye, Jimmy & Jill. Our family were very good friends with Collins family and had at least one shared holiday at Chelsea in the early 1950s. I remember partnering Jill Collins when she made her debut.

• 2 years 38 weeks ago
    Brian Handley
    Hunt

Mr Hunt was Chairman of the SEC and later General Superintendent of Yallourn. My Mother (Viti Rewa [Rae] Handley) tells the story that she and Dad (Dave Handley) boarded with a Mrs Finn in Narracan Ave (40 Narracan Ave) as there was a shortage of housing after the war. When Mum became pregnant with twins (Ken & Brian), she conjured up enough courage to call on her neighbour a few doors up to see if he might help. Mum knew Mr Hunt came home for lunch each day, so she knocked on door. He invited her in and within days, Mum & Dad were allocated 55 Banksia Street in approx, mid 1947. We later moved to 47 Strezlecki Road in ~1950/51. Thank you Mr Hunt.

• 2 years 42 weeks ago
    jander
    YPS - Grades 1, 2 & 3 - 1977

Front Row (Left) is Leisa Anderson

• 2 years 44 weeks ago
    Mark Griffiths
    Yallourn Football Club YFC - 1944 Premiers

My Father is in the back row 4th in from the left, you have his name as Wilson Griffiths this is incorrect,could this please be changed to Watson Griffiths.

Regards

Mark Griffiths

• 2 years 48 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Reunion 2016

Back Row ? is Jimmy Collins

Middle Row , John Norden, ?, ?, Kevin Spiers (not Mick Kilday), Carol Hunt etc

• 2 years 50 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Reunion 2016

"?" is Deb Ferguson ( Gallagher of State Savings Bank )

• 2 years 51 weeks ago
    billmaxine
    Badminton Club - 1960

Standing far right Alan Robinson seated far right Judith Humphrey

• 3 years 5 days ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    St John's Church of England Confirmation Class 1954

Front Row Keith White , John Scott ,Trevor Mccoll ,?,?,?, David Sloan ,Bruce Mussard, ?

• 3 years 6 days ago
    Cheryl Bourke
    Badminton Club - 1960

(Standing - from left) ?, Peter Griffiths, ? , Bob Bourke, Harold Parkes, ? , Barbara Parkes, ?
    (sitting) - unknown

• 3 years 6 days ago
    Cheryl Bourke
    St John's Church of England Confirmation Class 1954

Maxine Bourke far left in photo.

• 3 years 1 week ago
    Sally Barton
    Kindergarten

Hi Julie,
    where do you find these photos? Thank you so much for posting this picture. I don't come onto the site very often but seeing a photo like this makes it so worth while although very strange!- It's like someone has entered my brain. This picture is just....clear and familiar to me and a big part of the childhood I remember.
    Thanks again,
    Sally

• 3 years 1 week ago
    billmaxine
    Bill&Maxine Ebbott

In photo description -incorrect date, should be early 1974, was apparently one of the last houses to be shifted before union embargo on removals. Maybe Val Pyers, (a memorable teacher), would also not be happy with the use of to and not in?

• 3 years 2 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Grade 6

Sorry I mabe mistake 3rd row , 3rd from left is not Bruce Davey it is Michael Collins
    Also top row 2nd from left is Kevin Gould and 3rd is John Wilson
    The teacher is Mr Myers

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    josie goodwin
    McIntosh

Children were Harold, Eleanor ((deceased), Norma, Danny (deceased) Susan

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    24 Narracan Avenue

Sorry I have been corrected by my eldest son . Cheryl and I were living at 24 Narracn ave from 1973 not 1974

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Grade 6

2nd row third from left is Bruce Davey ( I think) the forth on the left is Robert Faulkner

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Grade 1

I am the little blonde boy on the left in the second row from the bottom. The small boy holding the class ID in the front is Roy Ball ( I am sorry to say that poor Roy is no longer with us. )

• 3 years 3 weeks ago
    Bruce Davey
    Bruce Davey

My wife Cheryl and I were at this address after we were maried from 1974 until about 1976 . Then we moved to Morwell.

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Julie O'Connor
    Dellabrosca

Robyn was the other daughter. I think she was born in 1959.

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Julie O'Connor
    Grade 6

The third on the right of the first standing row is my sister Jenni O'Connor and behind her and one to the left is my eldest sister Terri. I recognise some of the other faces but can't put a name to them. I'll show Jenni this photo - she has a memory like an elephant!

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Julie O'Connor
    St Therese's - Prep - 2

Seated front row third from the left is my little sister, Karen O'Connor. I'd forgotten what a little cutie she was! And standing up back row second from the left is one of my lovely little brothers, John O'Connor. Wow, this makes me feel old!

• 3 years 8 weeks ago