Recent comments

• 3 years 4 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Dinner party - Yallourn High School

Bill Bowler is the man standing at the extreme left. Molly Bowler is the blonde lady sitting at the extreme right. Don Malpass is the man standing 3rd for the left. Mrs Malpass is the lady sitting 2nd from the left. I think the man second from the left could be Arch Snedden and the Lady sitting at the extreme left is Mrs Snedden, The Man 5th from the left (bent down) is (I think) ??? Mitchell, he was a Tech School Teacher, his name may have been Alan.

• 3 years 5 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Debutante Ball

top photo - Mr & Mrs Robertson far right on stage. Brigadier Field standing centre stage at top of stairs (gray hair)

• 3 years 5 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Yallourn Kindergarten

Brenda Long behind boy

• 3 years 5 weeks ago
    Margaret Bond
    Grades 2 + 3

I think you'll find the second back row second last girl next to Patricia Gregarious is me Margaret Bond. I showed this pic to mum and she also agreed.

• 3 years 5 weeks ago

Neil Harrison
    Gail Harrison

• 3 years 5 weeks ago
    Ken Tate
    Yallourn Primary School YPS Grades 3, 4 and 6 1967

2nd back row ?, ?, Jillian Woods, Annette Long, Elaine Coad
    2nd Row: ? , Ian Griffiths, Ken Tate, ? , Robert Crookston , Mark Hawken, ?, ? , Miss Robertson/Mrs Geppert

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Yallourn Primary School YPS Grades 3, 4 and 6 1967

2nd back row ?, ?, Jillian Woods, Annette Long, Elaine?
    2nd front row 3rd from right Mark Hawken, next to him one of the Crookston boys

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Yallourn Primary School YPS 1966 Grade 2

2nd back row third from left - Brenda Long
    Very front right of sign is the girl Lacey

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    Yallourn Primary School YPS Grade 1D

2nd row in from the back 2nd child next to Kathy is Brenda Long
    Front row left Linda Green, ?, ?, Sue Foster (Mr Foster the teacher's daughter)

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Kathy Harrison
    Hannon

I don't remember any of the children of the Hanon family. I only remember Mr Hanon used to let me pick my own carrots from his vegie garden that he grew in the back yard. He was a very tall man and very kind.

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Kathy Harrison
    1 Parkway

We lived next door to the Zwankhuizen's from 1961 to 1968, they had two sons the eldest was Karl and he had flaming red hair. I remember the father was a brilliant gardener and grew all of his own fruit and vegies. The block seemed very large, but I have very few memories that of a small child.

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Kathy Harrison
    Charleston

They had four children, two sons and two daughters.
    The boys names escape me but the older daughter's name is Diane and the youngest child who was adopted was named Lyndy.
    Both Lyndy and her Dad are now buried in the cemetery in the Latrobe valley.
    Lyndy had 5 children, Jason, Trudy, Benjamin and two other boys I have forgotten their names. She died of cancer in 2004 at age 48.
    We traced her birth mother who also died young of cancer in her thirties and Lyndy's daughter Trudy may also have the gene that causes this early death.

• 3 years 6 weeks ago
    Kathy Harrison
    Grades 1B + 1C

2nd row from the back fourth child in from the left is me. Kathy Harrison. Third row from the back fourth child in was my friend Ian Jardine. The girl sitting at the front holding the sign I think her name was Jacqueline?

• 3 years 8 weeks ago
    apfoley
    8 Tanjil Crescent

My father Peter lived at 8 Tanjil Cres. Aubrey was his older brother. The Foley's living there would have been Roy (my Grandfather), Rita (my Grandmother), Maureen, Barry, Lorraine, Aubrey, Peter & Beverley. My father bought what was one of the first TVs in the area for my Grandmother to watch the 1956 Olympics. My father later returned to live in Yallourn in Parkway opposite the pool with my mother (Pam) and two children (Alister and Michael).

• 3 years 10 weeks ago
    geepee
    Rose Brewer

Married Eric Withers. They had 3 Daughters.
    Joyce: married Hugh Crawley: 2 sons: Ian and Neil
    Verna: married Russell Puckridge: 2 sons: Geoff and Peter
    Ena: married Henry Butler: 2 daughters: Karen and Julie

• 3 years 12 weeks ago
    doublecat
    17 Fairfield Avenue

My grandparents, Charles Frederick Mullen and Ethel Francis Mullen lived at 17 Fairfield Ave, Yallourn in 1936. My father wrote this on the back of a photo of them standing on the verandah.

• 3 years 12 weeks ago
    doublecat
    Eric Johnstone

Photo of Eric Johnstone on left. The man on the right was the best man at Eric's wedding but his name is unknown.

• 3 years 12 weeks ago
    doublecat
    6 Meadow Lane

The Yallourn Cycle Club prepared a float for a parade in Yallourn in the early 1960s in the driveway of 6 Meadow Lane Yallourn. Both Robert and William Johnstone were track and road racing cyclists and Eric Johnstone was a keen organiser and supporter for the club.

• 3 years 12 weeks ago
    doublecat
    6 Meadow Lane

This photograph of snow falling in Yallourn was taken from the front verandah of 6 Meadow Lane, Yallourn in the 60s I think. The house in the photo is where Mrs Warren lived and the two story house on the left was where the Hilditchs lived.

• 3 years 16 weeks ago
    Julie George
    1959 February-March - SEC Journal

Glad to be of service - that makes it all worthwhile - happy customers! We move into the 1960s this week.

• 3 years 16 weeks ago
    Trevor Mccoll
    1959 February-March - SEC Journal

Thank you looking through this I found out my Grandfather Jack Ebsworth Retired on the 21march 1959 after joining the S E C in 1923

• 3 years 17 weeks ago
    Kevin Brogan
    Yallourn Debutant Ball with Jim McAdam and Austin Lynch

The Man with the Glasses on the right is Jim Balfour the Member for Parliament.

• 3 years 17 weeks ago
    helen fischer -...
    YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association

YWCA stands for Young Women's Christian Group - YMCA is the male version

• 3 years 17 weeks ago
    Julie George
    YWCA - Young Women's Christian Association

Helen - what did YWCA stand for?